With its 685 hectares it is the largest penned park in Europe, with a fourteen kilometre perimetral wall. It is the green lung for Monza and the surrounding territory.
Known to the world mainly because of the Formula 1 Grand Prix race in the nearby autodrome, it also has spectacular natural landscapes.
The park, founded in 1805 by Napoleon Bonaparte’s stepson Eugene de Beauhaurnais, viceroy of Italy, was designed by Luigi Canonica, a pupil by the Piermarini who built the neighbouring ‘Villa Reale’.
In this historical park, through which the Lambro river flows, there are forests, meadows, farmlands, villas, farmsteads, and even a racetrack and golf course. The park can be explored by foot, skateboard, bicycles or horseback.